ANTI-AGING MIGHTY EGCG
EGCG short for Epigalocatechin Gallate.
These mighty compounds help protect plants from environmental toxins, repair damage, and give certain foods such as wine, tea, and chocolate their taste and color.
Also, these amazing nutrients have a powerful antioxidant effect on people.
-and therefore we need them, especially nowadays with so much multitasking and oxidative stress...
Studies have shown tremendous success in:
- reduction of inflammation (anything from joint pain, inflammatory bowel, skin issues.)
- cardiovascular health
- prevention of certain cancers
- Speeds up your metabolism, contributes to weight loss!! Speaking from my own experience - I've been drinking green tea every single day since I was 18 y.o. And I usually can’t gain a pound except when I was pregnant with my daughter of course. So it’s been 22 years of at least one cup of green tea per day. Works!!
- improving cognitive health, prevention of Alzheimer’s disease.
- regulating high blood pressure.
- blood sugar regulation, therefore is diabetes prevention.
- helps to optimize gene expression.
- anti-aging, yes please!
As you can see benefits galore!!
You can find EGCG in supplement form in any health food store.
The approximately recommended daily dose is 100 to 300 mg a day. Some people take up to 800 mg a day if they have curtain conditions to improve.
For healthy maintenance my favorite way to get these vital nutrients is from green tea.
How to get the highest content of EGCG from green tea for most benefits?
- Select a high quality of organic green tea. I prefer loose leaves, but there are also great quality tea bags that you can find. Make sure there are no additives such as flavorings . Pour boiling water over your tea and let it steep for 10 minutes. Yes, it will be slightly bitter in taste that’s why adding lemon would be a great idea plus it quadruples the antioxidants!! I also like adding a touch of raw honey.
One cup of green tea contains approximately 50-100 mg of EGCG. Sweet!
- drink your green tea between meals for the higher absorption of these vital nutrients . At least 30-40 min before or after meal. If you have your cup of green tea with meals it can cause EGCG to bind with proteins and therefore have poor absorption count, also it can inhibit intestinal iron absorption. So please enjoy your cup of tea away from food!
- another thing to keep in mind is that drinking green tea in the late afternoon, might interact with your sleep patterns. It contains caffeine and can be quite energizing. And I am a huge advocate of a deep restorative sleep. So consume your delicious flavonoids early in a day.
Other sources that contain a reasonable amount of EGCG are oolong tea, white tea, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, plums, kiwi, and avocado.
1. Make ice cubes from the green tea to wash, de-puff, and energize your face in the morning.
2. Have rejuvenating youth accelerating face tonic at your fingertips! ! To prepare, steep your tea as mentioned above (to get the most EGCG’s), strain, and pour it in the glass spray bottle. Keep it in the fridge. Refresh your beautiful face anytime of the day!!
Shall we enjoy some green tea now 🍵
The information is provided for general educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice, or as a substitute for the medical advice of a physician.